Sunday, February 6, 2011

What to bring

I am trying to do a little bit every day to prepare for my trip to London. Today I went to Kohl's looking for some pants--and came away disgusted with how fat I am. But I can't let that get me down. I am going to be packing light. One suitcase and one carry-on. There is a washing machine in the flat, and I can just mix and match (bringing lots of scarves to make things look different).

I have joined an over 40 meet-up group in London; hope I have the gumption to actually go. I figure if I have any visitors when there are meetings, we can get courage from each other to go.

I told the owner of the publication I write for that I will be quiting on March 3, two days before I leave. I have decided to just go for it and worry about the consequences later. I hope I don't spend much time while I'm there worrying about funds. I don't think I will.

So I laid out the clothes I think I will bring with me--lots of sweaters (or jumpers, as they say in the UK) to make me look like I belong there. (Of course, that's just a guess. It could be everyone's wearing sweat shirts and pants. I just don't know.) I'm not bringing too much, just enough to get by. I can always get more things in London, if I need them.

I have a string of visitors planning to come. My nephew Will, friend Ellen, sister-in-law Ceci, fiends Lynne and Mary. And I have quite a few days on my own. Sounds like a perfect combo to me.

No comments: