Thursday, February 10, 2011

Nerves Setting In

I am getting that unsettled feeling I always get before vacation. Can I get everything done I need to do before I leave? Am I crazy doing this at all? What about my real estate business while I'm gone? How do I compensate the person filling in for me?

My main concern right now is finding the cheapest way to pay for the flat. I really think I got overcharged when I sent the deposit. But then again, who knows? Maybe that's just how much it costs to send money. Of course, I googled "the cheapest way to send money to England" and got the names of a couple of companies. But I'm a bit fearful of putting my faith (and a good deal of cash) in a company I only know about through the internet. I saw Zoom.com on TV the other day. I night try them.

I bought a book on meditation the other day--to try to calm my nerves. But it has been hard to sit still to read it. Not a good sign.

Here's the worst part. All I can think of is that when I get to London, I'm going to sleep for 24 hours. I have to ask myself, "is that the best use of your time in London?" and "If all you want to do is sleep, go to your own bedroom, not a London flat." But I think this impulse to go into a coma is just my way of coping with stress and will dissipate once I'm on the plane. Let's hope so, not the least for the sake of the people who are coming to visit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yooo Alice you are going to be great!!! I admire your spirit of adventure.. you are going to do just fine and will have the time of your life I look forward to all your blogs and will travel vicariously thru you!!! Safe flight.
Connie