Monday, March 7, 2011

Arrival The Great and the OK

Well, I was beginning to think this trip would be so problem free that I would have nothing to write.

That feeling started when I went to the post office and the person parked right in front left just as I got there. Then the plane was about half full and I got four (!) seats to stretch out on and slept the whole flight.

Getting here was very easy. I have virtually no jet lag. But then the problems became apparent. My laptop, on which I was going to chronicle the entire trip, will not even turn on. I left the charger for my cell phone in my car. So I am right now typing this at the tourist office off of Piccadilly Circus.

So for the time being no pictures. But I hope to work that out soon. And hopefully my nephew Will will bring a charger with him when he comes on Wednesday. Of course, because of the difference in wattage, I can't get a charger here, and I can't get my computer fixed.

Still, those are small things. I am very excited to be here and looking forward to some adventures.

More when I figure out the computer situation.

1 comment:

Cécile said...

Well, getting 4 seats was an amazing coup. That might just make up for the other stuff. But for us wanting to hear and see more about your visit there, the missing lap top is a big bummer. I hope you can get things worked out for our sakes. Have a wonderful time, though. Stop in that coffee shop to update, when you can.

Ceci